Now that the new year has arrived, we are ready to dive into 2015! Ring in 2015 with these ZTA facts dedicated to the number 15!
- The following collegiate chapters were founded on the 15th of the month:
- Alpha, Longwood University, October 15, 1898
- *Beta (New), Judson College, April 15, 1905
- *Omega, Southern Methodist University, January 15, 1916
- Psi, University of Washington, September 15, 1917
- Gamma Rho, Auburn University, June 15, 1951
- *Eta Eta, McNeese State University, May 15, 1971
- Theta Nu, Auburn University at Montgomery, April 15, 1978
- Iota Alpha, Robert Morris University, November 15, 1980
- Kappa Iota, Moravian College, March 15, 1997
- The 15th link in our Chain of Chapters is *Xi, University of Southern California, founded April 23, 1910.
- These items cost $15 at Crown & Co.
- Our 15th National President was Nelly Galloway Shearer, who served from 1974-78 (pictured on the left).
- These three state have 15 total alumnae and collegiate chapters:
- 2015 will mark 15 years of partnership with these NFL teams:
- Three collegiate chapters were formed in 1915 and will celebrate their centennial in the new year
- Upsilon, University of California Berkeley, May 14, 1915
- Phi, Duke University, June 3, 1915
- *Chi, University of Pittsburgh, November 6, 1915
- In Kentucky, the 15th state to join the Union, we have one collegiate chapter—Beta Lambda, University of Louisville, and two alumnae chapters—Lexington, KY Chapter and Louisville, KY Chapter.
- ZTA awarded the first Honor Ring in 1915. The Honor Ring is the highest individual honor granted by the Fraternity. More Zetas received Honor Rings at the 1915 Convention than at any other time, since the award was retroactive to the Fraternity’s founding.
- The 15th most-liked post on our Instagram, with over 1.8k likes, is:
On Wednesdays, even our pumpkins wear pink! Tag your best ZTA pumpkin art with #WEareZTA so we can see your handiwork. #ztathinkpink
- The 15th issue of Themis was published in May 1908. It included letters from each chapter, articles on the upcoming Convention, and features on topics that are still relevant today: the importance of lasting friendship, working against Greek stereotypes and keeping the ritual sacred by denouncing hazing.
- Three of the ZTA homes owned or managed by the Fraternity Housing Corporation for current collegiate chapters have “15” in their address:
- Alpha Gamma, University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI
- Delta Pi, Eastern New Mexico University in Portales, NM
- Alpha Omicron, The University of Iowa in Iowa City, IA
- The 15th chapter to join the FHC was *Eta Psi at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo in 1980.
- The 15th National Convention of Zeta Tau Alpha was held June 27-30, 1937 in Swampscott, Massachusetts.
- Springfield, MO Chapter became the 15th alumnae chapter when it chartered on March 19, 1927.
Happy new year!
*Indicates a closed chapter